After relishing and taxing your tummy with mangoes through the season, most definitely you would want to try out other dishes using mangoes. Lovely it will be if we can make some mango-based dishes that can be preserved for at least some time. Among the many types of tasty mango dishes, one easy to do & preserve dish is mango jam.
- 1-2 ripe mangoes (you can pick any variety but ensure they are not very tangy)
- 1-2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Boil the mangoes until they become real soft (can boil the whole mango or the pieces)
- Cool and peel the skin. Strain any excess water
- Mash the pulp and keep it aside
- In a pan, add the water and the sugar. Over a low flame, allow the sugar to dissolve by constant stirring. Then bring it to boil over medium flame until the sugar syrup gets formed as thin threads.
- When this consistency is reached, add the mashed mango pulp and boil it till it thcikens into a semi-solid state
- Allow it to cool and store it in an air tight container. Preferably refrigerate it.